Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enter the Face of Kinder 2013?
To enter your child into the Face of Kinder 2013 competition, simply follow these steps:
- Go to www.faceofkinder.com and click 'enter'
- Complete your details to register – an email will be sent to the email address you have supplied to confirm your registration
- Upload a head and shoulders picture of your child
- Tell us what your child has done recently to make your day
- Your child's photo and caption will be sent to Kinder for moderation
- An email will be sent to your email account confirming that your child has been entered into the competition
I have already registered my child. How do I now vote for him/her?
- Find your child's profile in the gallery, under the 'vote' tab. You can do this either by clicking the link in your confirmation email, or by clicking 'search for your child' underneath the gallery photos to find your child by name or age
- There is a 'vote' button on each child's profile page. When clicked, this button will ask you to log in with your email and password to place your vote
- Remember – you can only vote ONCE per child per household
- You will then be sent a confirmation email to confirm your vote. You must click this link for your vote to count
How often can I enter my child for the promotion?
You can only enter each child once during the campaign period.
Can I enter more than one child?
If a parent or guardian has more than one child that they would like to enter into the competition, they may do so. Each child must be entered separately. Please note that only one vote per child per household is permitted.
I haven't registered a child myself, but I want to vote for someone else's child. How do I do this?
You will need to find the child you would like to vote for on the 'Vote' page. You can also search for a child by their name or age range. Once you have found the child you want to vote for, simply click the 'vote' button on the child's profile page.
If you are voting for the first time you will need to register your details in order to vote.
How do I know that my vote has been accepted?
Votes will not be displayed online, but you will receive a confirmation email saying that your vote has been counted. You can also click 'my votes' under the 'Vote' section to see which children you have previously voted for (you will need to log in with your email and password in order to do this).
How many times can I vote?
Only one vote per household per child is permitted. Each household can vote once for as many different children as they wish.
When does the voting period close?
Voting closes at midnight on 19th August 2013.
Are there any restrictions for those wishing to take part?
Yes. Entrants submitting their child's photo must be UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 and over. The child entered must also be a UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland resident and be aged a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 11 years old on 19th August 2013. Voters must be aged 18 years or over.
Do I need an email address to participate?
Yes. Internet access and a valid email address are required to register with the site to upload your child's photo and/or to vote for your favourite entry.
Can I change my child's picture and/or statement once I have entered the competition?
We cannot guarantee that all requests to change the picture and statement will be possible, therefore we encourage you to choose your picture and statement carefully.
I can't see my entry online
Only valid images which have been successfully moderated as per the terms and conditions will go through to the Gallery under the 'vote' tab. Please allow up to 2 working days for the entry to be moderated. A successful upload does not guarantee that you will see it on the Gallery.
When will I find out if I am a winner?
You won't have to wait too long. Kinder will contact all winners by email on or before 2nd September 2013.
What prizes can I win?
- 6 winners will appear on limited edition Kinder Chocolate Small Bars 16-bar packs. They'll also enjoy a family day out at one of the top rated days out, as voted for by netmums
- 10 runners up will receive a family photo shoot experience and digital photo frame
- 34 third prize winners will receive a selection of Kinder chocolate
There will also be one final draw for all previous losing entries and all entries received after midnight on 19th August and before midnight on 2nd January 2014. 1 x family entertainment hamper to be won.
How can I obtain a full list of winners to this promotion?
Winners' names and counties will be posted on the promotional website – www.faceofkinder.com after the winners have been confirmed and will remain available for a minimum of three months after the closing date.
How will you choose the winners?
Following the online voting, the 50 entries with the most votes will be sent to an independent panel of judges. The judges will then select 6 winners (3 girls and 3 boys) based on the response to the question: "Tell us what your child has done recently to make your day".
The judging criteria will be based on the answers provided and not the photo.
Why do I have to register my details if I want to enter/vote?
To ensure fairness to all, we have implemented a strict one vote per child per household policy.
By registering, we can ensure that all votes are legitimate and that every child has the same chance to win.
What are the competition timings?
15th April 2013: Competition opens and voting begins
19th August 2013: The photos of the 50 children with the most votes are sent to the judging panel.
Judges select 3 girls and 3 boys
2nd September 2013: Winners announced
September 2013: Photo shoot takes place
What kind of photographs should I upload?
The photograph of your child should follow the criteria listed below:
- It should be a head shot of your child
- Your child must be fully clothed
- Only the child entering the promotion should feature in the photo
- The photo must be of high quality so as the child can be clearly seen
- The photo must have been taken within the last 6 months
If you have any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org